City of Camarillo - NEW Business License Application
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO GET STARTED.
****If you've previously held a business license with the City of Camarillo and ownership remains the same, please contact us to reinstate the account at 805-388-5330 or email email@example.com. Be prepared to provide owner name, business address, contact phone, owner's last four of social or FEIN, and if applicable State License #.****
1. Business licenses are renewed annually.
2. Business start date is the first date your business started in the City of Camarillo.
3. Employee identification # is REQUIRED. Sole owner or partnerships are required to provide social security #s for all owners/partners. LLC, Limited Partnership, Trust or Corporations are required to provide a FEIN or SEIN for the business.
4. If the business is located in Camarillo, you must check with the Community Development Department - Planning Division at (805) 388-5360 to determine if the proposed business and location is in compliance with applicable regulations and if additional permits/licenses are required for operating the business. For additional information, copy and paste the following clink into a new browser; https://www.cityofcamarillo.org/business/business_tax/city_requirements_new.php.
5. Payment will not be required until your application has been processed. You will receive an email verifying our receipt. We will email you if additional information is needed. Once complete, we will email payment instructions.
6. CONTRACTORS; Prior to Finance signoff on a Compliance Inspection Form you will be required to submit a Construction Project List. Please contact our office.
7. Assembly Bill 3002 went into effect on January 1, 2019, which provides information regarding disability access requirements and resources to business owners. To read the full notice in English, click HERE. To view in other languages click HERE.
8. Per Assembly Bill 2184, you may protect your residential address by providing a different Service of Process address in accordance with Sections 16000.1(a)(2) and 16100.1(a)(2) of the Business and Professions Code. To do so, please Apply in person - you may not apply online.
9. Starting January 1, 2021, Assembly Bill 1607 requires the Prevention of Gender-Based Discrimination of Business Establishments. A full notice is available in English or other languages by going to: https://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/.
We wish you much success in your business venture.
Business Tax Division
City of Camarillo
P: (805) 388-5330