City of Camarillo - NEW Business License Application
What you need to know to get started.
NOTE: If you have previously held a business license with the City of Camarillo and ownership remains the same, do not submit a duplicate application. Instead, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to reinstate the account; include owner name, business address, contact phone, owner's last four of social or FEIN, and if applicable State License #.
1. Business licenses are renewed annually.
2. Business start date is the first date your business started in the City of Camarillo.
3. Employee identification #is REQUIRED. Sole owner or partnerships are required to provide social security #s for all owners/partners. LLC, Limited Partnership, Trust or Corporations are required to provide a FEIN or SEIN for the business.
4. If the business is located in the City of Camarillo, you must check with the Community Development Department - Planning Division at (805) 388-5360 to determine if the proposed business and location is in compliance with applicable regulations and if additional permits/licenses are required for operating the business. For additional information, copy and paste the following clink into a new browser; https://www.cityofcamarillo.org/business/business_tax/city_requirements_new.php.
5. Payment will not be required until your application has been accepted. You will receive an email verifying the receipt of application. Within 10 days an email containing the amount due and instructions how to make payment online.
6. Assembly Bill 3002 went into effect on January 1, 2019, which provides information regarding disability access requirements and resources to business owners. To read the full notice in English, click HERE. To view in other languages click HERE.
We wish you much success in your business venture.